Therapeutic Skills for Working with Boys (Full).
Thursday 14th May 2015
10.00am to 4.30pm
Facilitator: James Hawes Registered Member MBACP (Accred)
James specialises in developing boys and men’s emotional fitness with over ten years of therapeutic experience. During this time he has worked successfully with hundreds of boys individually and in groups. James has been working with boys for over twenty five years in a variety of roles included detached work, youth clubs, schools and the behaviour support team in Nottingham City. For the past ten years he has worked in both primary and secondary schools as a counsellor and behaviour consultant. He is a father of two boys, coaches a boy’s football team, and is MBACP accredited.
Content of the Day:
This workshop and training will help the practitioner have greater awareness and knowledge to work with boys more effectively.
The training will include:
• Gaining a greater understanding about a boy’s emotional world, his emotional development, defences and coping strategies
• Tips and tools in helping boys develop their emotional language, making psychological contact and delving beneath their defence systems
• The five core emotional needs of boys to help them develop emotional fitness
• Working with the trauma of emotional restraint, shame and the ‘Big boy’ expectations
• Toolbox of ideas in developing successful therapeutic work with boys, including body work, emotional tools and empathy education