DEPRESSION IN CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
THURSDAY 5TH NOVEMBER 2015
10AM TO 430PM
Content of the Day:
* To provide a brief overview of the common signs and symptoms of depression
* To consider how depression can present in children and young people
* To consider what the causes of depression are
* To provide some facts and figures about prevalence of depression in children and young people
* To consider recommended treatment approaches
* Considering systems around the child
* To think about ways to offer support with the individual and the family
* To consider issues of confidentiality and risk
Who is this workshop for?
This training day would be suitable for people who work with children and young people and would like to know more about spotting the signs of depression and consider ways to help but also when to refer on for more specialist intervention.
Consideration will also be given to working with parents and carers and keeping lines of communication open. The day will be useful for professionals and supporting staff in a variety of settings including education, health, voluntary services, social care etc.
Nicola is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and works part time in an NHS CAMH service in East Yorkshire and part time as an independent practitioner for The Ridings Psychological Services.
Cynthia is a Family Psychotherapist and works part time for Humber NHS Foundation Trust in the CAMH service and part time as an independent practitioner for The Ridings Psychological Services.
How to book a place on the Workshop:
The Ellesmere Centre for Psychotherapy and Training, 861 Holderness Road, Hull, HU8 9BA
Tel: 01482 702571
Invoice my employer
Pay by Bank Transfer
Pay using Paypal