Train in counselling young people and children
If you are thinking about training as a counsellor with children and young people, or would like to chat to someone to find out more about what this involves, please get in touch with us at the centre. The centre has a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere ideal for learning and we are always keen to hear from anyone who is interested in working with children and young people.
Introduction to Counselling Young People course
This 4 day course is based upon BACP’s Counselling Children and Young people (4 to 18 years) Training Curriculum (Stage 1).
It is aimed at both:
* trainee counsellors (Diploma course in adult counselling at least Level 4)* qualified counsellors who have completed a Diploma course in adult counselling (at least level 4) who want to know more about working with children and young people.
The course dates will be: Unit 1: 29th and 30th January 2022 and Unit 2: 26th & 27th February 2022, see >> Introduction to Counselling Young People 2021
Diploma in Child Psychotherapy course
This is a four-year part-time course has been developed according to the UKCP’s standards for working with Children and Young People. Following 4 training, a trainee can apply for accreditation leading to registration on the UKCP Child Therapist Register. Completion of 3 years training, a trainee could be awarded ECPT Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
Year 1 – Foundation- concepts underpinning TA in therapy – Ego States, Script, Games, Drivers, Injunctions etc. Introduction to theorists.
Year 2 – 1st Advanced – Foundations for Clinical Practice – theory toolkit for therapists.
Year 3 – 2nd Advanced – Developing Therapeutic Practice in a specialised area – preparation for clinical practice and understanding process of self.
Year 4 – 3rd Advanced – Identity development with a therapeutic framework – deeper level of interpretation and reflection. Identity of therapist and client.
The Diploma Course it starts at Level 4 with advanced year training at a Level 7 Postgraduate Degree, equivalent to Masters Degree academic level.
The course is aimed at:
* Those who work in Therapeutic and Vocational Settings for Children and Young People (CYP)
* Those who work or would like to work with CYP working towards a formal qualification in Counselling CYP
* Qualified Adult Counsellors who want to extend their scope to work with CYP
* Undergraduate Degree
* Relevant professional qualification or equivalent to level 4 understanding
* Experience of or about to start work with Children and Young People
* Complete an application form, provide two references and attend an interview with 2 ECPT Training Team members
For more information about the Diploma in Child Psychotherapy course see: