BACP BASIC YP COMPETENCES
Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th February, 2018
930am to 430pm (Both Days)
In 2016, BACP created Basic competences for practitioners working with children and young people (CYP). These were designed for students on adult client oriented training courses who began working with CYP on placement to practice safely and ethically.
This 2 day workshop aims to offer an experiential space to explore these competences using case examples, creative media, skills practice and large group discussion.
Day One will cover the following topics:
- Child and adolescent development and transitions
- Communication with children and young people
- Working within the context of the counselling setting
- Risk assessments with children and young people
Day Two will cover the following topics:
- Mental health and Young People
- Developing a contract for therapeutic work with Young People
- Ethical and legal issues and professional practice
John is a BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist (Children and Young People), Supervisor and Trainer. He currently offers counselling and supervision in both private practice at the Ellesmere Centre and also offers counseling in 2 Hull secondary schools.
Dr Louise Mowthorpe:
Louise is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Play Therapist. She currently manages a Looked after Children’s CAMHS service in NE Lincolnshire. She also offers consultation to Action for Children in Lincolnshire, a service for CYP who have suffered traumatic due to abuse.
How to book a place on the workshop:
The Ellesmere Centre for Psychotherapy and Training, 861 Holderness Road, Hull. HU8 9BA
Tel: 01482 702571