Attachment Theory (This workshop is now full)
10.00am to 4.30pm
Facilitators: Louise Mowthorpe and Emma Griffiths
Content of the Day:
• To explain Attachment Theory and its application to working with children, young people and families.
• To identify and differentiate between different attachment styles: Secure, Avoidant, Ambivalent & disorganized.
• To illustrate the impact of developmental trauma on brain development & emotional functioning.
• To discuss the principles and application of theraplay with children, young people and their carers/parents and to practise in pairs some of the theraplay.
• In the afternoon there will be an opportunity for people to discuss their own cases and explore how to apply and use attachment theory in relation to their clinical work and practise.
Louise Mowthorpe is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and works with Looked After & Adopted Children in a CAMH Service in North East Lincolnshire. Dr Mowthorpe has over 10 years of experience working with Looked After Children with attachment difficulties and is a trained Play Therapist.
Emma Griffiths is a Clinical Psychologist and works with Looked After & Adopted Children in a CAMH Service in North East Lincolnshire. Dr Griffiths has completed her first and second level of training in Theraplay, an attachment based therapy for children, young people and their carers/parents.